Monday, November 23, 2009

Om Puri on AB's mind..


Respected Brother
Sadar Charan Sparsh

Oh! first and foremost.. great post for the cause of an actor that is Om Puri of Hindi Cinema.. a man who was probably born with a wooden spoon.. if we were to believe his contemporary great Naseeruddin Shah a few years ago..

I personally have not only met Om Puri Sahab at Tata Theatre I have travelled in his blue fiat from NCPA to Churchgate signal on marine drive.. that was during the staging of Bichchhu by him.. a great actor.. I don't know if he would ever remember this.. I had been humming the tune of my then recently created Vigyaan Ki Pooja hogi.. I do not know if he would have picked that poem.. I never uttered the words loud enough lest his driving could have got affected.. I did have another very short meeting with him.. when my cousin Shailendra was in city and we had gone to Film City where Om sir was on some sets.. Oh! he is such a great actor that if I were to choose between him and Naseeruddin Shah for the most successful actor of our then parallel cinema it would have to be him despite the fact that Naseeruddin Shah has done far greater number of movies than Om Puri.. no, o, it has nothing to do with the scuffle with the latter in the green rooms in my bid to seek promotion of science through theatre.. he did went on to do a science oriented program on Television..

Coming back to some of the requests from Manish in particular.. Manish you would have noticed that I find it extremely difficult for me to not to write here.. despite sincere efforts and solid reasons I have always found myself to be here.. it can not simply be for the love to the head of the family.. it is the love for the EF in its entirety..
and the golden news that follows in the end should fill many of you with unexpected joy.. yeap.. it is the most heartening to have received a call from none other than Amitabh Ziibbu.. he had called up and chatted in a manner as if nothing had ever happened between us.. I am glad for him.. for him finding opportunity to speak to me.. to clear the atmosphere which had got me suffocating for want of oxyegen here.. I am glad that he is well and is in Mumbai.. I have requested him to keep in touch.. few things in life can not be taken for granted.. I have nothing against him.. I had never anything against him.. yet all that has been left behind and I find a great younger brother in him.. who is ready to live in present an is already keen to bury the past and let bygones be bygones.. it is a very welcome step from him.. I wish him very best in life.. God willing.. I might just get a chance to meet him as well.. hopefully at Bhavan's program.. if he is able to find a way to take me to the birth anniversary celebrations of Dr. Bachchan..

Brother, I might have told him that it does not matter if it was the last row.. it did not matter if I could not seek your blessings in person.. it matters a great deal if I could be part of any celebrations concerning Dr. Bachchan.. yet if a meeting with you is also on the cards I would not step backward.. err. I would step forward.. bend a bit and extend both my hands to touch your feet.. both in the sense one for you the other for Dr. Bachchan.. after all the blood that flows in your veins originates from the celestial poet.. I know such a possibility may not exist.. it does not matter.. it really does not matter.. having conveyed what I had in mind gives me a great satisfaction.. as if the event has already taken place in mind..

My due regards and love to everyone.. every time I take names of the people I do miss on certain important members of the EF.. you see.. I have grown past 50 and that is not a alibi so to say.. it is a fact.. My sincere thanks to all those who remember and read what I have to say.. They are all responsible in a collective snese for my reappearance after every disappearing act.. thanks a lot..

Love
Abhaya Sharma
Post Script : India has won the toss and elected to bat.. Sree and Ojha make it to the eleven at the cost of Ishant and Mishra.. it is all right.. I felt India could have played three spinners here.. it does not matter.. if they have to save themselves blues they probably could nt do away with the extra batsman.. a result here seems unlikely yet the contest may be much more interesting than it was at Motera.. Green Park was the debut ground for Sir Gundappa Viswanath.. and today Pragyaan makes his debut as a bowler.. I love his abilities.. he should experiment little more than he does in the shorter versions.. See I am already commenting on the Test cricket despite my great shouts about its closure.. life could not be more contradictory.. could it be..

No comments:

Post a Comment