Saturday, February 21, 2009

To Amitabh Bachchan's post of day 304!

Respected Brother
Sadar Charan Sparsh

I take your blog, read it, ponder over it, make some estimates of your statements, try to conclude and then only present my views. That generally is what I do when I am allowed such gracious moments of my life when I share the cyberspace with you at bigb.bigadda.com

That, it is with great love for my brother is still not blinded by sycophancy or undue respect or love for Amitabh Bachchan of Hindi Cinema, big brother to most Indians (that has got stuck to him, don't know how and since when!), and above all the son of Dr. Harivansh Rai Bachchan (the creator of Madhushala) and Shrimati Teji Bachchan (of Lyaallpur born to sikh parents, now known as Faisalabad), also husband of Jaya Bhaduri, father of Shweta and Abhishek and a member of the extended family over here (He is in fact the head of this family!). This Amitabh Bachchan, friends has not been created overnight in my minds, I do not adore him for simply being Amitabh Bachchan but a super human being, a reputation that he has worked constantly and quite honestly during last 40 years in the history of Indian Cinema (Hindi Cinema should be more appropriate!).

Now, if I write here, it has more to do with my own liking of him, of his principled approach to life, of his belief in being Indian, of his great humility and modesty as well, of his non-favouring nature to one and all. Someone in the family had asked me how did I end up having so much of flare for him all of a sudden! Besides informing him that it was not sudden that I knew him all along the 40 years that he has lived as a great actor of India, that I do not simply write to please him, that it is for his great posts that he writes so well like his father, that he is a human being par-excellence that I write and more than I write it for him, I write it for myself, writing opens up a new window to your own self (similar to looking in the mirror in Delhi-6, this window analogy was not part of our chat that day!). In fact that last statement was to the other query as to what makes me believe that why do you think he reads what I write!

If I am honest, I have told you umpteen number of times that not only don't I look for any favours like meeting you, shaking hands or being photographed etc. Atleast on two occasions I had vociferously requested you to not to respond to my post in the wake of hundreds of others who write here and had probably had not been so fortunate in receiving that kind of favour.

That I do not waste too much time, I write here directly, extempore, unprepared raw thoughts that someday should not put me in other troubles of answering to myself - why do I waste or while away my time thus!

I am moved by your sincere attempt to decipher the media's intent in deciding the fate of movies, individuals and nations! (No, probably you did not say it in context of nations, this is my extension of your belief!). It pains me that an element of society (the media) which could actually be used as a highly constructive tool is being employed for such heinous or dividing acts. It is a wake up call! The reporting of matters has always been known to be prone to errors and everyone may not have similar opinions but you can not call a white the black or vis-a-vis black the white even if you are color blind!

I have not written all this in support of your viewpoint alone, I standby my thoughts and it only makes me feel happy how two human beings irrespective of their status or standing in society could actually be thinking strikingly similar on a subject. Yes, you are human enough besides being the Amitabh Bachchan of the world, and I am more proud of your being equal to us in that respect.

Here, I do not have any hesitation in adding that like all human beings, I or Amitabh Bachchan are not ideal persons of the world, we are bound to make errors, that is part of our existence, it is different that brother Amitabh makes far too few errors which is quite evident as he has reached far greater heights in the world. Now, it is not because that he is a tall man, he is having a big heart besides!

I conclude abruptly

Abhaya Sharma, India February 22 2009 9:57 AM IST

Post Script The guy who questioned me is someone very close to me and considers me also very close to him- he is an IITian, a top rank person in Google and a balanced successful human being. I hope Nitin was convinced of my writing over here.
--

No comments:

Post a Comment