Saturday, February 21, 2009

Teji Bachchan - My comments on day 112


Jai Hanuman Gyan Gun Sagar, Jai Kapeesh Tihun Lok Ujagar!
Respected Brother,
Sadar Charan Sparsh!

I could not believe what I read few hours back, and for the first time, I have saved a copy of what actually is available all the time on your blog site. But I wanted to keep this work with me on my personal computer, at home! I do not seek any permission from you as I am not going to make any profitable use from this, atleast not immediately and probably never!

Now, this work on Late Shrimati Teji Bachchan speaks volumes about her personality in as many words and in as many worlds as she belonged to! No wonder, you are making some efforts to give or rather sharing some of your personal possessions, your very fond memories of your mother and her nature, her character and her great ability to imbibe some best qualities in her son that we could all get to you as the very best! You have lived the dream of your mother with perfection! She must have told you so when she were able to communicate, that her efforts had not gone vain, that she was indeed very proud of her son, that she had no complaints with what she expected of you, that you could fight all the way to top despite such a bleak or rather abysmal and humble beginning in Hindi Cinema! My respect to Shrimati Teji Bachchan ji - the mother, who imbibed best possible qualities in his son, will never die.

I am not meaning correlations here but I know my mother was not very different either, I believe, there are similarities in most mothers. Yet the resources and means and implementation of the thoughts into action is all the time not as easily achievable as Mrs. Teji Bachchan could do it, otherwise we would have ten Amitabh Bachchans, but we know we have only one!

Her last few days of hospitalization were described quite emotionally and one could live with what the Bachchans must have been going through as and when the doctors were struggling. The moments when she appeared to be off the life once and regaining the signs of living next! It could be quite painful indeed and any son of any mother can not bear the pain and sufferings of a mother and watch helplessly the nearing end, as her life closes it on to the family. It opens new beginnings for the rest to learn to live a life without the presence of someone very dear not there amongst them anymore!

Hanuman Chalisa was a great source of inspiration and fear remover for me! I remember when I sometimes used to return from Aberdeen Bazaar (Port Blair) to Junglee Ghat after making the purchases, sometimes it used to get quite dark. I used to get drenched and driven into dire worlds of unseemly spirits following me, I was only thirteen years of age, all alone on the road with suspicions floating all around! I would then endlessly go on repeating the Hanuman Chalisa, sometimes in loud mode so that I could hear my own words to comfort me and assure me of the support from the almighty Hanuman! (Now I know that these were the sounds of the sea which was not very far from the road and the coconut trees that were being swayed by the heavy breeze and some birds and animals around making noises that together caused horror for me!). I am thankful to Hanuman ji for protection he provided!

Abhaya Sharma, India, 16th August 2008, 0200 Hrs

No comments:

Post a Comment