Sunday, February 22, 2009

On death of Karkare, Salaskar and Kamte 26/11


Respected Brother,
Sadar Charan Sparsh, Jai Hind!

What a destiny for some of the braveman of India who fought terror hands on! I weep and cry aloud for Karkare, Salaskar and Kamte and many others whose names I may not seem to know but will always find place in my heart and head for their sense of sacrifice for their nation!

आंखों में जितना पानी है कम होगा
मर गये देश के लिये करकरे कामटे सालस्कर
ना जाने कितने अन्य थे जो कर्मठ अफसर
क्या रोकर ही हम उन्हे यकीन दिलायेंगें
क्यों नही उनकी खातिर
उनके रंग में ही रंग जायें
देश के लिये जान पर खेल रहे जो सेनानी
कुछ कीमत नही लगा सकते हम हिन्दुस्तानी
नमन, प्रणाम, अभिनंदन उन सब वीरों का
हार गये जो जान जीत कर बाकी सब की जान

I do not want to dilute my first comments after nearly five days after a strong terrorist attack in Mumbai on the night of 26th. I would sound incomplete if I fail to identify the reason for my absence from the blog. I was taken up first by fever on 26th and so could not come and contribute a poem by Dr. Bachchan on the eve of his birth centenary. Next day the events were completely shocking and most horrific of times Mumbai might have faced! The most dreadful event of Terrorists taking to roads and hospitals and 5 star hotels and pitching up battle the way they did, only a national feeling could defeat them.

I agree with brother that mere words are not going to help. Mere statements on Television might not blow the horns of revolution, just repetitively saying that we love our country can not make us its bravest soldiers! The time has come when we must show solidarity with humanity and strengthen ourselves into a greater collective force.

My first comments over phone to most of my relatives in Delhi and elsewhere after the event was that I wanted to be there, though I now realize, I might have just been an onlooker and God decided to give me dysentery and get admitted in the BARC hospital. Brother, remember, sometime back I said that what if someone tries to emulate you and hurts himself physically! Everyone is not blessed with as powerful system as you or some others have got to work untiringly for three to four days! The task of National Security Guards in these last few days was quite heroic and commendable!


Abhaya Sharma, November 30 2009

Post script: I have decided to assemble some of the old posts here so dates and events may look out of synchronization. I shall try to put the dates wherever I would be knowing to make the readings relevant in time frame!

No comments:

Post a Comment