Monday, March 30, 2009

Day 341- The Bachchans

We are humbled. And with bended knee and bowed heads acknowledge your affection and care and love.

Dearest Brother
Sadar Charan Sparsh


I take a bow too! along with you at the helm of affairs of your family, yes, In India after the death of the father the eldest male member is saddled with such responsibilies as Head of the family.
As in these last words you express the gratitude to this land for being so generous should I add that we Indians are equally proud of having this family doing so much for the country. The kind of work tha Dr. Bachchan undertook from his early youthful days in 1935 when Madhushala was first published to the fourth and final volme of his autobiography in Dashdwar se Sopaan tak.. Has he not loved this country with all its limitatons ( We know, some of us did not acknowledge his efforts when he first got thePh.D. from Cambridge - that the poet had to move ahead to Delhi!).
The contributions of one single man in him alone suffices enough to hold the bachchans in highest esteem! To not to dilute my words I shall come back to you later in the day, let me salute the Bachchans for their contributions!
Abhaya India March 31 2009 10:36 AM IST
..
Dear Brother
Good Morning
I am here once again to continue the story of Bachchans a little further. In the first instance, it had to end with Dr. Bachchan’s contribution. True, the love that came to the Bachchans increased several folds once you were at the helm of affairs in the Hindi film industry, no, I would not like to use the Hollywood rhyming word even if do not find a suitable word to express our kind of cinema in the world.

Yes, brother, there were times, when one Amitabh Bachchan rose on the screen in his famous hindi films of the seventies there was no looking back! I for one pronounce that Anand was more of a film where world first realized that you had substance! Namakharaam was also equally a brilliant effort before you took Hindi Cinema to the hilt with your angry young man image! Oh! you were incredibly great in that image, I myself would not watch movies that were devoid of the Bachchan in the cast- I know it was wrong on my part- yet I did so for nearly 4 to five years that I spent in Delhi as a school and college student. No regrets for that! You were indeed brilliant and I feel that though you do deserve a Baharat Ratna- if it is not conferred on you does not make any differnce to the entity the world knows as Amitabh Bachchan- You have garnered much more than a Bharat Ratna could have offered!

Now, before some of my fellow bloggers start finding some different meanings _ I must also congratulate the other two awardees in the family- Jaya madam and the bride Aishwarya. Jaya Bhaduri of Guddi, Piya Ka Ghar, Abhimaan, Parichay, Bawarchi, and Chupke Chupke even Zanjeer, Shor and many other movies were quite brilliant. Indeed her greatest performance came along in Koshish where Sanjeev Kumar too was equally brilliant! I would often say I did not quite like her quitting films after you got married! yet there is no point in talking of past, we have to be satisfied with what we got to see of her! Give my warmest regards to her.

Coming to the Aiswarya Rai - the phenomenal success of her career came along soon after her winning the Miss World. I am afraid, I have not seen many of her movies though I did like her small cameo in Mohabbatein- she was at her stunning best in that movie. I did also see her Taal, Hum Dil de chuke hain sanam Bride and Prejudice, Guru and even Chokher Baali (Hind version!). She is talented yet I feel the best of her is yet to come! My love to her and Abhishek.

have a great time at Sopaan, are you there to release the foreword to Coffee table edition of Madhushala or that is yet to be launched! looking forward to its release. I did get to read the Marjorie Bolton’s version of Madhushala. It is nice and deserves praise!

Give my love to Shweta-Nikhil and their two darling children Navya-Agastya. Amrit’s annual examinations start tomorrow and he is doing comparatively better with his health, that indeed is a matter of great relief! He is intelligent only he does not devote enough time, he was more keen to take up football coaching for summer camp I asked him to continue with his Badminton atleast for a while. He might also join Shiamak Davar’s dance training in Chembur if he gets admission there!

With usual love and affection
Abhaya India March 31 2009 11:53 AM IST

Post Script: I have been wishing some of my nearest and dearest one’s here on their birthday. Today is the birthday of my sweet niece Sweety- who works for Ernst and Young- A highly talented individual herself was happy to know that I represented my views on your blog! what probably she does not know is that I have been acknowledged on more than five occasions by none other than you! Thanks brother and let me wish her a great birthday. Many happy returns of the day dear Sweety for today. Somehow I could not catch her on her mobile so far!

No comments:

Post a Comment