Saturday, March 7, 2009

The Credits List of Indian Cinema - posted to AB day 317


Respected Brother,
Sadar Charan Sparsh,

I am listening to some old melodies the last song - Main pyaar ka raahi hoon.. It sometimes appear that our old songs have been done with so much of heart and head gone into writing lyrics, composing and singing that they are true masterpieces of some kind. Those who have heard some of these songs and understand them would appreciate what I mean to say.

Dekho rutha na karo .. is so simple worded yet so very meaningful and pleasant to the mind.. simply love some of these songs. Another song I was listening just a while ago replays on my playlist it is the wonderful duet jhoomta mausam mast mahina .. from Ujala a great movie featuring Shammi sahab and lovable Mala Sinha.. These songs captivate mind and my intention of telling you here is to take a resort in listening to the wonderful Indian film music from yesteryears to rejuvenate and feel relaxed..

Of late, I do feel that you have been taxing your mind and body a great deal.. so many movies in the pipeline .. everyday blogging routine .. meetings .. interviews and appointments .. it does take a toll of one's faculties.. you see what I mean ..

I am not complaining of so much action from the hero of our times, all I intend t confess is that take a break and give yourself a more relaxed approach to the life..

Let me select some more songs for you.. just a minute let me pick some old romantics .. no not the waqt ne kiya kya hassen sitam some more light hearted songs like bhooj mera kya naam re nadi kinare gaon re .. or still better leke pahla pahla pyaar bharke ankhon mein khumaar ..

The other day I was recollecting the contribution of Indian Cinema when we were discussing your statement in an interview after winning the crysatl award.. How could I have missed the Indian music as one of the greatest contributor.. well I did include the music directors but that is only one third of the story .. a Hindi song is a credit as much to its musicians as it is to its lyricists yet the biggest credit goes to those who rendered them ..

I would like to start with Rafi sahab - The most golden voice of our kind of cinema.. Mukesh Sahab who is sometimes truly credited with the great success of Raj Kapoor sahab - The actor, showoman and one of the stalwarts of Hindi Cinema, Kishore Kumar could sing exactly like Rajesh Khanna and Amitabh Bachchan would have sung their songs- almost.. and how can one forget the Lata Mangeshkar another of living legends that our industry has produced and her sister Asha Bhonsale who was so mischeivous ( what could have been a better word for chulbuli and shokh adaa) in her voice yet highly melodious that I rate her higher than the elderly Lata ji ( No intention to question her supremacy, it is my perception, it is my choice and it should be treated simply as that!), Then there were Geeta Dutt, Begum Akhtar, Noor Jahan and Suraiya who must all be credited with huge success of Hindi Cinema and its popularity over the years simply because of the songs that they rendered in Hindi films.

There were few other big contributors who must also be credited with their due - Pran Sahab for his villainous appearance and Helen ji for her breathtaking dance numbers.. There can never be a complete list of how many talented man and woman have taken Hindi Cinema to its glorious heights.. I would be happy if we could ever pay back to their kind of achievements in Hindi Cinema.. No award could actually define the success of Rafi sahab , Lata Mangeshkar or Amitabh Bachchan. Their contributions are beyond any requirement of being awarded.. yet I respect Awards including Oscar though it is somewhat alien to us ..

Bekarar karke hameni yun na jaiiye .. by Hemant Kumar has been selected from some folder on old singers which reminds me that Kundan Lal Saigal too gave some memorable songs especially ek bangla bane nyara..

How many names can an ordinary mind of Abhaya sharma recollect you have lived 40 years in the film industry you ought to be knowing its greatness than I can ever compile.. I simply wanted to raise your spirits and also wanted to share my views with the fellow bloggers.. I am afraid my foreign friends in Rose, Reeham, (E)Lena, Carla, Cora(Brazil) Roschelle may not be able to make much head or tail of my story ..

I have to get back to work for official website

Love and regards

Abhaya Sharma India March 7 2009 8:08 PM IST

No comments:

Post a Comment