Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Day 333 - The competitive spirit among Children!



Dear Brother,
I love you !

First of all, it was great to see that you had picked quite a few members on the blog for replies! I am pleased, I am thrilled not at getting comments from you, but for those who got their piece of cake, some might be first timers, it must really be a great feeling for them, some sort of celebration time. My love to the lucky ones and my thanks to you for being able to find time for so many more! It does matter to them! I for one am writing my first post for this debate oriented post from you!

I know the kind of stiff competition coupled with extended time on television, computer and in coaching (beyond school!) it does take a kid into different world, I say different kind of children’s world than I used to live when I was a child myself, and my childhood was not very different from the one that you or even a Sharukh would have had - that spans nearly 20 to 30 years of childhood put together ( I assume SRK is around 40 and you are 66 a couple of years on either side should be included to make what I intend to say!) - mathematically - would not liked to be proved wrong at any time! That is a wish though, one can not be right all the time, not only in maths, but on any matter of life!

Yes, I feel that we are alarmingly threatening our children into a faster evolution process than we should! We are responsible collectively and not individually - that we embrace the rat race to prove too much of our children’s abilities into society, into outr own and their minds! We may have some very talented young men coming out of this competition yet we may be forcing a good number into problems for not being able to cope up with our expectations. It is for the second lot of kids that I show my concern as they statistically are going to be in larger numbers. Do we want to give them a feeling of a defeatist attitude that they could not turn into Darsheels or Sachins or Sanias of this world! It indeed is very sad, a child does not have an evolved brain to understand the intricacies involved when it fails, as a simple reaction it then tries to find within himself the inability to live upto the expectations!

We need to tell our children that, no every one can not be Amitabh Bachchan or a Kapil Dev. Not every one could turn into Einstein or Mozart and not every one could be an engineer or a doctor par excellence! It does not mean that one should desist from competing - one should compete with this knowledge and accept the result gracefully rather than with a sulking mind!
I hope I should make a full stop here. I too would try to be shorter in my posts henceforth and yes my frequency is likely to suffer for sure! Do not take it any other way! I am informing right in advance that my attendance is going to be poor in April. Out of sight should not be out of mind (smiling!)! You will always be in my thoughts!

Love to every children on this earth and may they prevail well in the kind of times that they find themselves into. Every one can not be Harry Potter but everyone is important in family and society and in the world and amongst their own friends! May you all achieve your every dream. But then you don’t lose the cream - if a dream does not get the desired steam to sail you through the stream (of life). Learn to enjoy as much as you can in good, bad and ugly times that are here to stay!
Abhaya India March 23 2009 6:28 PM IST

1 comment:

  1. Nice thoughts. Liked the way you narrate things.

    Keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete