Sunday, October 11, 2009

Sir Amitabh Bachcchan - Happy Birthday to you!


Sir Amitabh Bachchan
Reespected Brother
Sadar Charan Sparsh


Great to learn that you comoplete 67 years of your existence on this earth and 40 years in the Hindi film industry might just well be some of the best years of the industry..


Tonight I submit a translation of what you wrote on 14th Frbruary and I did translate that into Hindi and you commented back highly positively about my small contribution..



That was the day when I realised that you i ndeed are a bigger human being than what we treat you as a superstar of the biggest film industry of India.. the Hindi film industry..


You gave a new meaning to acting in the film Deewar.. your action oriented fil Sholay is probably one of the best ever Hindi film made so far.. your talent in Black was worth an oscar.. yet since it was not an original idea.. the story was an adaptation of some foreign film.. it is all right.. what I really wanted to say was that you have had many internationally acclaimed films against your name.. as Renate was telling the other day.. The Nobel could be given to maximum of three people in a field.. one among the list for Chemistry this year was of Indian origin.. the one who got nobel for peace did not expect it to come to him.. yet Venkatraman Ramakrishnan and Barack Obama thoroughly deserve the accolades.. some may doubt how Obama could get the award with some 9 month in office.. there may e some validity in their arguments.. yet I am convinced someone who could even think of freeing the world of Nuclear Weapon when stationed at such a high post in itself worth a great applause and need to be supported from the core of our hearts..


Coming back to your birthday.. I personally do not attach much meanings to these days.. I like the philosohy of Pran Sahab in Zanjeer.. biraadar jab doston se milane ka man kiya to saal girah mana liya.. that every day inlife is as important as one's birthday.. every passing moment a milestone of life.. a moment where we all must realise how did we spend our time on this earth..


You brother.. have outlived what was expected of you not only by us but even from what you might have expected as a target when your first film Saat Hindustaani got released.. the journey forward was one of the most tedious to begin with.. I know some of it as I had interest in you even in your failure.. the reason was Dr. Harivansh Rai Bachchan.. the creator of Madhushala.. somedays back I had submitted Rach do ab nai Madhushala over here.. I don't know if you got to read it or not.. it does not make a difference..


Tonight I wish that you are able to exceed further beyond our expectations.. today I also wish that you set up an example of a role in the real life.. the role I wish not necessarily socio-politcally motivated yet having a great impact on the society as a whole.. You got to play a brother who exemplifies brotherhood.. I don't know whether my english abilities make my expectations acceptable to you..

Best wishes for the forthcoming year of your life.. the 68th would start soon.. I wish you more success as human being than merely as an actor.. I say this for I have seen that the human inside your body is as great as the actor that we have seen in these last four decades..

I sign off the scene with these simple wishes

With Love Affection and Pyaar
Abhaya Sharma
11/10/9


No comments:

Post a Comment