Sunday, October 4, 2009

बिग बॉस


Respected Brother
Sadar Charan Sparsh

You have done considerably well within the given constraints.. the constraints of Television show making in India..

I would say that you despite your age are still have that appeal.. the presentation part was good too.. Amby Valley and the kind of getups and setups shown do not represent what the western world probably would have liked to see in a Salaam Bombay or the SM.. it is all right.. such kind of extravagance on either side the rich or the poor does not represent us..

Yet again.. I have n business to say what I am going to say about the program's concept.. yet if Abhaya Sharma does not pour his mind out he doe snot remain abhaya sharma anymore..

First of all.. let me congratulate you on the inaugural episode of the Big Boss.. I was not aware or rather still not quite aware of how the program proceeds from here on.. I only hope that it has substantial section of it focused around you.. if it is going to be like a jhaunk in the daal.. I would not be interested.. I would be more interested in a program where you are actively involved than a passive involvement.. it does give me a feeling that your role here in the program is going to be lot more passive than active.. yet I may be wrong.. as I said I have no idea even after the show begun sometime back.. and entrants or participants already in the house..

What I can say of the people who have been selected.. I am sure you being an actor and not the producer would not have had much choice as to who is picked or who is left except maybe in one or two cases..

Let me be honest with the participants list.. let me first talk of objections.. let me just say a few words before I go on to cover some finer aspects of the show..

The first thing I did not like that a pair of husband and wife has been selected.. in such a huge India two persons get in from the same family and that too with a 2 and half year old son.. there definitely is some thing unrealistic about it.. I could not digest that..

The second most important drawback is the omission of a cricketer from the list.. Indians love cricket as much as Cinema and Television maybe a little more than the latter.. in fact TV has earned substantial revenue from cricket especially after the IPL.. non-representation of cricket is simply not acceptable.. not to me but to India as a whole..

There could have been one of the top class cricketer from past or even present who could have been inducted.. Ajay Jadeja was controversial.. all right.. so was Azhar who is now an MP.. Kambli already made some scary stories in Sach Ka saamana.. why could we not have had one of the Mohinder Amarnath or Gundappa Visawanth or even Syed Kirmani.. If Jaya sawant could get a nod.. one slot for a senior cricketer might not have appeared to spoil the balance..

Now coming back to the positives.. the show if it is going to be real.. does have some good people from different section of the society.. not so different though.. Let me put my liking in some order it may not be the final standing.. it may not represent my knowledge of them.. it may also not mean any attachments to them..

The most positive figure I found on the show was that of Aditi Govitrikar.. she is probably the most unknown face to me.. and I do feel that Shamita Shetty.. of whom Amrit told that she was in that your & SRK movie in which SRK plays violin.. if it was you Shamita I must say that you did act well there.. sorry for not placing you immediately.. yes Mohabbatein was a good comeback movie for you brother after KBC’s success.. or was it at the same time.. whatever.. it is one of your very good movies and the three boys and the three girls did quite well.. So she is my second best bet for a finalist..

There was a time when Poonam Dhillon was the most beautiful face in the Indian silver screen and it was in Trishul that I first saw her.. she looked beautiful then and she looks beautiful even now.. who says age has got a role with the beauty.. the face and expression are more important in making one more of how one appears.. no wonder than Claudia Ciesla gave you full marks for being beautiful.. I mean attractive.. you definitely would not make a pair opposite her at this age.. and if you do who can stop you..

She was the best part of the presentation of opening ceremony.. my full marks to her skills with Indian dances and she was full of positive energy.. I would not mind learning German.. no, no, I don't have to approach her.. I have Carla and Renate to look upto.. She according to me is the third best one place ahead of Poonam Dhillon - the Noorie girl.. I do not know any among the men you have got there except that I did see the trailer shots of Deshdrohi on TV.. I am extremely sorry I had not heard anything of the Ismail Darbar.. I must add here that though I enjoy the music but I have not known much of the yesteryears music directors either.. and Ismail bhaai should not take it to his heart..

Bakhtiyaar.. I would say that you definitely are totally unknown to me.. and it is different that I did make that comment on husband wife.. pair being picked.. nothing specifically against you and Tanaz.. I was not knowing her name though she is almost omnipresent on TV and films.. yet she is a good actor..

Vindu Dara Singh.. I do not know.. if he has a celebrity status of his own or not.. not that I am aware of.. yet I would not mind him getting a nod for representing Dara Singh.. a man who has given India and Indian films a great many moments.. If I am not wrong he played the character of Hanuman in quite some films and also in the epic Ramayan serial.. and Hanuman is very dear to India and Indians.. I wish to know more of Vindu as the show progresses..

Sherlyn Chopra.. I heard this name for the first time on this blog from Anashwar Chpra sahab.. quite a few of his people are in.. if some of them have been left out as well.. Loveleen Mishra for one.. and Baba Ramdev for another.. Baba Ramdev does not fit into scheme of things of this kind of program.. he is far too above this kind of entertainment oriented programs.. he should continue what he does best.. teaching and practicing Yoga to the India and Indians through Television and otherwise.. He has a status equivalent to you bhaai.. how could he be supervised by you..

Coming back to the only member left from discussion.. Jaya Sawant was the most surprising entry.. and I do not have anything against her.. yet I must admit here that I can not stand Rakhee Sawant even for a minute.. I am sorry if I have hurt the mother.. but I speak only what is my honest feeling about anyone.. If I were taught to be able to hide my feelings I might have been far too successful man in life.. yet my opinion about Rakhee are purely personal.. I should not display my personal dislikes here.. in that sense I do not revert my words but seek forgiveness from her..

Main chuppana janata to jag mujhe saadhu samajhata
shatru mera ban gaya hai chhal rahit vyavhaar mera.

With such a long discourse and so little about the anchor.. that is not fair.. Brother.. If I have understood the concept.. probably today's was the biggest occasion for you after the great success of KBC.. To be honest.. to be truthful.. the charisma of Kaun Banega Crorepati was missing.. you did use good Hindi.. you did present the participants in best possible manner.. yet one can not put the two programs in the same category...

KBC was also some eight to nine years back and you looked magnificent at that age.. in fact at that time your French beard had suited you most.. you looked so very similar in confidence to what you had always been known to be in some of the movies of 70s.. This Big Boss is your second phase of Television.. and comparisons with the first stint are bound to happen.. people would not take note of the fact that you were less than sixty then.. a working age in Government of India.. and now you are well past that.. Still you do pass with some distinction.. You may find the eighty four days as the most enjoyable time.. but please do something that we too enjoy your contributions to the program..

I think I have covered the program in far too much detail.. if did it is for you and you alone.. I would definitely watch out for Aditi, Shamita and Claudia.. how far can they take the program forward.. I also hope that Ismail bhaai would provide some music to us.. but it seems there are no instruments.. and whatever Big Boss allows could be provided.. let us see how it shapes up.. for me it will be a new experience as I did not see the first two seasons of the program..

Love to all the thirteen members.. and I hope their performances are upto the ratings for them..
Apne lye jiye to kya jiye
Ae dil tu jee zamane ke liye

No comments:

Post a Comment