Thursday, April 30, 2009

To Amitabh Bachchan - May 1 2009


“How odd is the logic of the mind - it seeks compromises when we are wrong, and it asks for justice when others are wrong !”
Really Brother!
Very true indeed.. the life takes steps further.. it does pain when one’s own contemporary lie inane and helpless in an ICU ward.. Oh so many people on your pay a hospital visit.. it disturbs yet it also pleases the mind that someone like Amitabh Bachchan too has time for hospital visits to his friends..

On Cricket front.. I read your views on Mahi.. He must really be a busy and a bit upset man.. his team has still not found his way back into to top four.. this despite the fact they are in good nick with both bat and the ball.. I think there is no point in seeking justice from him right now.. and you knew it better when you stopped John.. a good sportsman spirit..

I really feel that tournament is finally clicking well and the teams are all geared up to do as well as is within their capacities…

I feel today Mumbai Indians should find themselves on an easy wicket against the SRK’s KKR.. the same may not be true of KXIP as they take up RCB.. I see a greater contest in the second game than the first..

Today is also Maharashtra Day so I wish and extend my friends in India and abroad and in the state the very best.. By virtue of having spend more than half of my life in the state I should naturally qualify to be a Maharashtrian.. but my lack of Marathi knowledge does not help me much.. I am definitely on a wrong foot on this.. no compromise required on this.. I shall learn it at the first opportunity.. and then do justice to my Mumbaikar status..

It would only be very apt to name some top Maharashtrians on my list - Lokmanya Bal Gangadhar Tilak ( I am proud that I visited his house in Ratnagiri on Ganapati phule trip) is by far the most important Maharashtrian name that easily comes to the mind.. Vinayak Damodar Savarkar ( I learned about him when I first visited Cellular Jail in Port Blair) and Vijay Tendulkar ( I have only read his translations into Hindi long back during school days..) It would not be possible for me to name many others here from the contemporary men as I have little knowledge and interaction of Maharashtra.. I do follow cricket and the state has provided some of the finest cricketers in Sunil Gavaskar, Sachin Tendulakr, Dilip Vengsarkar, Ajit Wadekar and Eknath Solkar.. I think even Farookh Engineer played for Bombay.. Baba Amte is one more name that I must mention.. I do rate him very high.. I have only once seen a marathi paly Atma Gatha by Dr. Shriram Lagu in the lead role.. I could follow it quite a lot..

So much for Maharashtra day and so little for International labours day.. That is not fair Mr Sharma.. Well, International Labours Organisation interests me more than IAEA.. the condition of labour in the world is almost similar and with no compromises.. I have to admit.. it is still not as good as it should be.. The child labour should also be seen from this perspective and I feel we have a job to perform to improve the lives of our labour class.. in their prosperity lies our own prosperity.. in their well being our own well being.. in their success story lies our success.. if some day I was asked by people in authority to choose a new work environment.. I would not hesitate or think twice to seek an appointment at ILO.. (Now this is not politically motivated..not even one bit.. )

I think my post has taken a long route all over again.. I take a break..
Love to you and to the family (extended and Inner)

Abhaya India May 1 2009 5:45 AM IST

No comments:

Post a Comment