Monday, February 1, 2010

AB on Authority - Day 651

Respected Brother
Sadar Charan Sparsh

Authority is of two types.. one kind is bestowed by the system upon you by your position and the associated responsibilities that come with it.. the other kind is the authority that you earn by your good responsible actions.. you brother fall in the second bracket of authority.. and it derives from what I have just said.. the authority that has been earned rather than thrust upon us is more valuable and at times more rewarding.. you are an authoritative actor and a human being.. and when I say this I mean every word of it.. you are what you are for the painstaking forty years of hardwork that has been put up without the slightest remorse.. India looks upon you as an esteemed actor who not only knows his craft too well but also someone who constantly works to retain his image over the years..

Let us leave it lest it sounds like a sycophant.. a sycophant that I never ever was.. being sycophant is what I desist.. I don't hate anything anymore so the word desist.. I had recently learned that hatred is the only thing that we really need to hate.. I am in no authority to judge myself.. is true to an extent yet if we do not exercise some authority on our acts.. others will show their authority to brand and label us.. I see authority more of a restraint and an exercise for self-improvement.. it could be true for an individual and also for the system.. I have no authority over myself in some ways and do exert authoritative opinion on some of the subjects.. one such subject is Amiabh Bachchan, another could be Indianity yet another could be cricket.. there could be some authority in my writings.. sometimes easily visible and at times only visible to those who have an unbiased mind to find..

I think I have unduly spoken on authority beyond what is allowed to me.. if one remembers with authority comes the duty half our jobs could be executed unassumingly and without a prejudice..

I abruptly end the discussion here and change the course.. let us talk something light.. let us talk about cricket for instance.. South Africa the Protean are in the land to play a Test and ODI series.. I am in no authority to exert my influence on the BCCI to play more of T20 International cricket.. they are not responsible to me.. they would rather not listen to what I have to say.. That is what authority means in some of the words in the world.. I wish South Africans a Gala time.. if Kapil Dev's words are paid heed to the wickets in the forthcoming series could be slow and turners.. no, no, I am not against his stand.. he is an authority on cricket like you are an authority in Cinema.. So you see.. the word authority could actually be used both in positive and sometimes in the negative sense.. Some more examples of authority..

Professor Har Gobind Khorana is an authority in Biological chemistry..

Leander Paes is a proven authority in Tennis doubles..

Viswanathan Anand's authority in the game of Chess is well known..

Saina Nehwal has stamped her authority on the Badminton court..

Amir Khan's authority on producing marketable films is self-evident..

Sachin Tendulkar has proved his authority as a cricketer with 90 hundreds in International cricket..

Now, I would have been expected to speak something for the negative use of the words.. I decide not to speak.. I have no authority to judge others negatively.. yet some abstract thoughts should be laid down here for others to discuss and debate..

Having Nuclear weapons helps achieve authority..

Sending a criminal to the guillotines is also an authority..

Spending country's revenues wisely or unwisely is also one kind of authority..

Drawing boundaries between nations.. dividing lines between people and destabilizing nature.. are all in the hands of authorities..

I think the post is getting boring with me not able to make much readability in what I want to say especially when I have no authority..

Take care of your good self.. aur haan bhaai is tarah ki debates jo aap ham logon ko paros dete ho.. achchhha lagata hai.. You are raising good debates and discussion amongst us.. and making good use of your authority.. Keep it up..

Love, Affection and Respect
Abhaya Sharma
February 2 2010 9:30 AM

No comments:

Post a Comment